Sunday, April 26, 2009

Donutesque.

I like donuts, and apparently also cakes that resemble them.




Bored on Saturday night, I decided to bake this chocolate Bundt cake.  
Nothing fancy, just a box of Duncan Hines Devil's Food cake mix and chocolate frosting...so good.  I was too lazy to pull out my kitchenaid and in the spirit of using a vintage pyrex bowl to mix the ingredients in, I used a vintage hand mixer to put it all together.  It was marked "high speed" but I guess that all depends on how fast you turn the handle.  It worked well though and the cake was moist and fluffy.
Speaking of vintage pyrex...
I have a few pieces, a mixing bowl, baking dish and these cute cups, but I think I want to continue collecting more patterns.  They are so cute and it just makes baking so much more fun when you get to use them.
By the way, I am loving these place mats I bought at the Dollar Store.  Alex described them as being "very Anthropologie." I have to say I completely agree.

1 comment:

  1. WHAT DOLLAR STORE??!??!?!?!?! You must drive me there RIGHT NOW! Haha, okay, I get a bit excited over these things.

    That cake looks awesome! I'm a patron of boxed cake mix. Every now and then I'll try to bake a cake from scratch like my mother, but if I actually want to enjoy the taste of the cake, I stick with my friends Betty and Duncan.

    ReplyDelete