Thursday, January 14, 2010

Project Stephanie: Little Devil's Food Cake


The cold, rainy weather put me in the mood for something sweet and chocolatety. I didn't want to venture out in the cold to get something, but I always have baking stuff on hand, so I checked my recipes and my pantry and got to baking.

My good friend Julie gave me this lovely cookbook for Christmas all about little cakes. Each recipe makes about an 8-inch round one layer cake, which is just perfect for that evening sugar craving. It's so pretty, too. The text is pink and brown, and it's beautifully illustrated in watercolor.


I made the Devil's Food Cake. This is a really dense cake, but it's not too rich. I added some homemade Chocolate Buttercream, also a recipe from this book.

{my sister Claudia gave me those lovely plates for Christmas}

{Yum...all gone!}




No comments:

Post a Comment