Thursday, February 04, 2010

Project Stephanie: Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Buttercream

For Alex's mom's birthday this past weekend, I decided to make these cupcakes because she really likes peanut butter cups. The peanut butter butter cream frosting was so good. It had a very light peanut buttery taste and a great smooth texture. Surprisingly, it was not too sweet.

I loved the light tan color that the frosting ended up. I wanted to get fancy with my decorating this time, so I busted out my cake decorating kit and piped some borders. It gave them a really finished look and an almost vintage feel. Oddly, they reminded me of this, especially when I added the neon pink candles.

Most of the chocolate cupcakes I've made using regular flour have been fairly dense. This one was almost as thick as a brownie, but was still somewhat moist. I liked the texture and paired with the smooth icing, it worked well.





No comments:

Post a Comment