Friday, August 06, 2010

One Bowl Chocolate Cupcakes



I have had issues with finding a great recipe for chocolate cupcakes.  A few of the one's I have tried either ended up being very dense and not moist enough to pass as a cake, instead they were more like muffins.  I came across this blog and her take on a one-bowl chocolate cupcake.  They looked really good and seemed fairly easy, so I had to give them a try.

Sure enough, they were so perfect! Very moist, chocolately, sweet and were yummy even with store-bought frosting (only because it's all I had).

I made mine by hand, because I was very lazy and didn't want to bring out my mixer.  So, not even that is required for this super simple recipe.  It's basically adapted from Martha Stewart's version, with a few modifications.
One Bowl Chocolate Cupcakes

Adapted from Martha Stewart via Slow Like Honey
Ingredients:
2 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 1/4 c. dutch-process cocoa powder
2 1/2 c. sugar
2 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1 1/4 tsp salt
2 large eggs, plus 1 large egg yolk
1 1/4 c. whole milk
1/2 c.vegetable oil, plus 2 tablespoons
1 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 1/4 c. warm water
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350℉. Sift together flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a bowl. Add the eggs, and yolk, the milk, oil, vanilla, and warm water. Mix until smooth and combined.
Fill each cupcake cup about two-thirds full. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.  Cool completely. Frost with your favorite frosting and enjoy!
Some frosting ideas:  Vanilla or Chocolate Buttercream, Whipped Cream, or you can't really go wrong with a bit of cream cheese frosting.

2 comments:

  1. These look delicious!!!
    Cannot wait to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cupcakes look delicious - martha is my go-to gal for recipes (though like you I sometimes adapt the recipe...)

    ReplyDelete