Sunday, September 19, 2010

Mid-September

alex at work

I can't believe it's already mid-September!  My comps are less than a month away and my evenings & weekends are dedicated to preparing for them.  I'll be tested on Mesoamerican Art, Spanish Colonial Architecture, Latin American Art History and pretty much all of Art History.  I'll also have to answer a field question about my research topic, and I am preparing for it now.  I am so eager to get them out of the way so I can focus on thesis research and writing.

Alex has been working on his paintings, so we have study and studio time most nights and on the weekend.  Other than that, I've been preparing for Fall and we put some Halloween decorations outside.

And, it was a rainy evening Friday, so I baked some chocolate whoopie pies.

I've also enjoyed using Pinterest lately.  I love just browsing to look at everyone's pins.  Since I don't have as much time right now to look at all the blogs out there with so much lovely and great ideas, "pinning" them is a great way to keep track of what I like and come back to it later.

Via Pinterest, I've realized that I'm into pink way more than I thought I was and no man (especially not my husband) would like to live in my dream home.

2 comments:

  1. I've been doing tons and tons of schoolwork as well... ugh. BUT soon we will be more relaxed and will be able to enjoy fall! I'm sure once your comps are over, you'll breath a sigh of relief. I'm so excited about fall that it's hard for me to concentrate on things that MUST get done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shot, and I wish you all the best with all you have to do!!

    ReplyDelete