Tuesday, January 18, 2011

January Reading

via on Pinterest


For my first, non-research book of 2011, I chose Luis Alberto Urrea's The Hummingbird's Daughter.  I've been trying to read this book for a while, but with school and other things, I just never really got around to it.  I read very few books for fun last year and when I did, they were mostly short stories.  I have bookshelves lined with books and I want to read them, so I'm making it a point to get to some of them this year.  I am realistic and understand that my thesis and teaching take a lot of my time, but even if I read very, very slowly, I'd like commit to at least one book a month. So, for the rest of January, I'll be spending my spare time with this book that so far, has been wonderful.

3 comments:

  1. I feel the same way. I definitely need more reading time in my life. Hope you enjoy this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful, and look so yummy Stephanie!
    I love the first photograph. Composition and light are fantastic!
    Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Natalie! Reading for pleasure is, ironically, one of the things that grad school makes me miss. I've been learning that it's all about balance, so fitting in what reading time I can, will be great!

    Lisa! Thank you! I think those little erasers are just the cutest. I try to take advantage of the light in my kitchen whenever I can, especially on rainy Sunday mornings.

    ReplyDelete