Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Weekend

HIP_317933525.445206
{the Cathedral on a sunny day in January}


This weekend was an odd one for me.  I started it off with a great Saturday morning yoga class, which was just what I needed to unwind from the week and prepare for the busy weekend ahead.

I hadn't been to yoga in a long time, so I knew it would be tough, but as the instructor (who is a lovely high school classmate) reminded me, spending the hour on the mat that morning is what was most important. It's true.  Taking that time, no matter how challenging or imperfect my poses were, was the best part of the yoga practice.  That hour on the mat meant that I had taken the time for me, to let go of the stress and to focus on the present moment for a bit.  I'm definitely looking forward to next Saturday's class.

The weather this weekend was unseasonably warm and almost Spring-like.  Unfortunately, I had to spend my weekend mostly indoors reading and studying.  By Sunday afternoon, I was worn out and sad that I had missed out on such lovely days, so I put aside my reading for the weekend and finally watched Broken Embracesthe latest movie by one of my absolute favorite filmmakers, Pedro Almodovar.

In other random news, I found out that I won a copy of The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer.  I've had that book on my library hold list for a while, so I'm looking forward to getting my copy.  Progress on my January book has been slow, but the early part of the semester is fairly busy, so I'm ok with that.  Plus, I finally got the Keri Smith's journals that I've been wanting for a while now and I'm excited to start them soon.

With that, I'm set set to start the busy week ahead.  I walk underneath these beautiful vintage ceiling tiles every day and thinking of these lovely details make the work week seem a little more bearable.

HIP_317933834.618756

No comments:

Post a Comment