Monday, February 07, 2011

Bibliophile

IMG_4849

{October 7, 1981 is the day after I was born)

And so I find myself at that point in the semester where the amount of reading I have to do has become a bit overwhelming.  That, coupled with the amount of reading I want to do makes for an interesting predicament.  

The fact is I love to read.  

I love to read for leisure and at times, as was the case with the book above, I can truly enjoy the books I need to read for my research.  There are moments though, and there have been many lately, where I simply cannot look at any more words.  Those are the moments when I take a break from books and look at pictures of books and book-related words on Pinterest

Below are some of my recent favorites:




{I long for more of those times}



{old books are my favorites}


{I need to do more of this soon}


2 comments:

  1. I always feel guilty when I pick up a book and decide to go read in a coffee house or even in my own house. I feel like there are a million other things I *should* be doing. I think a big part of that is because I can't shake the fact that I'm done with school and I don't *have* to do any required....anything!
    But reading is not a guilty pleasure. It' is one of my favorite things. Why do I make it such a big deal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't feel guilty...it's one of life's simple pleasures. I feel that way too sometimes...it's all about balance though and focusing on the present. There's always going to be something we *should* be doing, but we have to focus on what we *are* doing and enjoy it because it's what we want to do.

    ReplyDelete