Thursday, July 28, 2011

August Break


I cannot believe it's already August.  This year has gone by so fast, especially this summer.

I have to admit that I've been in a bit of a creative block lately.  I haven't been as productive on my thesis as I expected to be this summer and things were thrown off when my Mexico City trip had to be postponed (it's now in October).  Since June, I've been experiencing writer's block and my research has been slow going.  The new school year will be starting in less than a month and now it's time to focus on working hard and getting on track.  

This is why I'm excited to participate in The August Break again this year.   Susannah Conway, whose inspiring blog full of beautiful photography and lovely writing, started this project last year as a way to take a break from blogging (writing) and instead posted only photos for the entire month of August.  Hundreds of bloggers joined in and a wonderful community of people, taking a late Summer break for a variety of reasons, emerged. 

Although my posts have been primarily photo-based lately, I always feel like I need to write more, to say more here in this space.  But right now, I think my words need to be reserved for all the thesis work I need to get done.  I still want to share and explore the world around me in a creative way, and taking more photos is a great way to do that.  I'll have something to post on the blog, and I'll hopefully get more work done in the process. 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this!!!

    I may do this with my blog. My posts have often been lengthy and mostly negative. Maybe I can channel those feelings into lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your photos! Keep them coming :)

    ReplyDelete