Tuesday, July 19, 2011


This is a stack of most of my journals from the past few years.  Some of those journals go as far back as 2001, and I know that I have a few earlier ones at my mom's house.  I haven't journaled regularly in a while.

I do hope to get back to writing and visually documenting my life and experiences in the same way I did in the pages of those notebooks.  I wrote, drew, painted, collaged...filling each one with my plans, my hopes, my ideas and my fears.  I do that to a certain extent here in this blog, using photos and words, but as things get more digital, I long for something tangible and more personal.

Those journals will always be with me, and when I'm not here, they will serve as physical evidence of my existence.  They may never mean anything to anyone but me, and that's ok.  Those books and pages will endure and won't get lost in the vast expanse of the world wide web.  

 

2 comments:

  1. hi there.

    wow, that's so great, to have so many journals from that many years. i would love to own journals from 10 years ago.

    p.s, great news that your tumour is stable. you must've been going through some tough emotions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Monica,

    Thanks so much, and welcome. I feel so lucky to have those journals. I hope to fill many more.

    I'm very grateful for my health and the stable tumor...it was a tough road, but the worse of it seems to over for now.

    ReplyDelete