Wednesday, August 24, 2011

dos

{via etsy}

And so, it's been two years since my Lung Carcinoid surgery.  Two years farther and farther away from the life I knew before.  My scars are no longer new and most days go by without any thought to what I've been through.  I guess that's part of the healing process -  moving forward.

To be honest, I wasn't sure what I could write about today.  My cancer life has been pretty uneventful the past year (I'm truly grateful for that), and I still feel a lot of the same things I felt one year ago.  With a stable (yet ever-present) tumor lingering in my body, there's really no way to know how long this uneventful life will last.

For the most part, I simply try to live the best life I possibly can.  Some days are easier than others (both physically and emotionally), but I just focus on the present.  Today, I don't think about what I lost two years ago, I think about the wonderful life I get to continue to live.

2 comments:

  1. Love you, Steph! Despite your battle, you are the most positive person I know. I'm so lucky to have you as my friend.

    ReplyDelete