Sunday, September 11, 2011

To Do List


It’s already mid-September and not a word from me on this blog.  Life has just been busy and as much as I’ve wanted to spend time here, I’ve been working and writing and relaxing a lot, too.

September has been great so far, especially since the insane Texas heat is finally subsiding.  There were even a few days where temperatures were in the low 90s!  After nearly three months of temperatures rising to 100 degrees and above, even that was a welcome relief.  I’m more than happy to see this summer end and eager for fall weather to arrive.

Despite bouts of heat-induced laziness and the constant dread of going outdoors, I did manage to have some fun adventures and got to check off some of the things on my Summer To Do List, like I finally found the perfect perfume for me and have been wearing red lipstick on occasion.  Unfortunately, I didn’t bake bread (see above regarding the heat).  In fact, I didn’t bake or cook much of anything, but there’s no reason why I can’t keep those items on my To Do list for Fall, right?

  • Get a haircut – Less humidity means I can actually wear it loose again.
  • Bake - This Italian Cream Cake looks delicious, so I hope to bake it and a lot of other things, too.  It’s Fall!
  • Enjoy - I want to spend the cooler weather working cozily at my desk or at the library, wearing warm scarves, and drinking plenty of strong homemade coffee.  I'm looking forward to dinner parties and perhaps a lovely Fall picnic at the park or this beautiful place.   
These are the things I want to do for me, in addition to all of the things I have to do for work and school (Write, Go to Mexico City, Write some more).  Earlier this year, I was inspired by this great blog post about doing things that make me feel good, and this is what I plan to do.  

What about you?  What are you looking forward to doing this Fall?    

1 comment:

  1. Steph, you are so right! Sometimes you just got to do what makes you feel good. Let's live by this motto this Fall.

    ReplyDelete