Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Catching Up



{a lovely used book store I visited in Coyoacan}

Life during the last weeks of September and the beginning of October was busy, to say the least.  Looking back, I realize that planning a research trip, studying for my art history comprehensive exam, researching Italian metaphysical painting, working 40 hours a week at my day job, packing for my trip, and celebrating my 30th birthday might have been a bit much to take on. 

I was cranky, anxious about my trip, and will admit to crying a few times here and there when the stress was just too much.  The only thing that helped to keep me going was the knowledge that this hectic time would be over soon.  I would have to take the test. I would have to get on that plane. I would have to return the library books. And then, it would all be done (at least for the moment). 

I returned from Mexico City with a suitcase full of books and tons of research that I acquired for my thesis.  With what felt like the most demanding part of the semester done, I now feel like I have some breathing room.  Although I still have to work and write, I also feel like I can relax a little and enjoy the lovely Fall weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment