Thursday, October 27, 2011

Mini Donuts

I've wanted a mini donut pan for a while, so when my mom bought it for me, I was so excited to try it out.  I made these mini donuts for my sister's birthday this Monday.  There is a recipe on the package but I didn't have the ingredients.  I had a box of yellow cake mix in the pantry and I simply added 1 tablespoon of nutmeg to give them a more donut-y taste.  I think that next time, I will try a baked donut recipe to see if I like it better.  Adding the nutmeg was just okay.  

They turned out really cute.  I made a few others with cinnamon and sugar, plain glaze and some with pink glaze.  They only take a few minutes to bake and decorating them is easy.  I think I will make some chocolate glazed ones next time.  I also imagine making mini cupcakes with mini donuts on top!

1 comment:

  1. You had me at "donuts" and sealed the deal with making them cute and "mini" - and then proceeded to blow mind with possible "mini cupcakes with mini donuts on top" in the future - wow. THAT would be amazing :)

    ReplyDelete