Saturday, December 31, 2011

Year's End


These last few weeks of 2011 just flew by, and now I'm sitting here at home on the last day of December relaxing and thinking about the year I've had.  It was a good year over all and I'm thankful for every moment, both good and bad.  I've also been thinking about resolutions and all of those things I should do more of next year, of what I should finally start, what I need to change, and what I need to finish.  I'm constantly making lists,  setting plans, and creating schedules, but have a hard time actually sticking to all of it.  So I guess the ultimate resolution for me is not to list more things to do and change, but just to actually do them.  


Here are a few photos from year's end that I haven't yet shared here.  I spent the past few weeks enjoying family and friends, baking and decorating at home, taking a break from work and school, and just enjoying life.



{baked two pies this Thanksgiving, for the first time ever}  


{welcomed the beautiful Fall weather}

{celebrated my niece's 4th birthday}

{visited a great farmer's market in Houston when I was done with my appointments}

{happy with another round of stable scans}

{had a wonderful Christmas surrounded by those I love}

I spent today, the last day of 2011, with Alex having lunch at our favorite restaurant, watching TV, reminiscing and laughing about the year that passed, and plan to spend the evening at home with some wine and each other, which feels like a wonderful way to to end 2011.

I expect 2012 to be a great year!  Wishing everyone who reads this the very best and I leave you with one of my favorite Rilke quotes to start the new year:  

"We see the brightness of a new page where everything yet can happen."

See you in 2012. 






No comments:

Post a Comment