Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Life Lately


{reading Mrs. Dalloway}



{learning to use this lovely thrift store find}


{catching up on Season 2 of Downton Abbey}

And, it's August.  So far this year has been a challenge for me, but at this moment, everything feels just right.  If anything, this year has taught me how to pause - to stop constantly moving and doing and thinking and planning, and just be.  Be still.  Be quiet.  Do nothing.  Rest.  Breathe.  

I am someone who has the need to constantly be working on something, and when I'm not, I feel a strange guilt about the fact that I have nothing to do.  When in reality, I have been doing a lot, and taking some time to not do anything is okay.  

As I've been finding my way in those moments of stillness, it's gotten easier and I'm learning to be kinder and more patient with myself.  I can do all the things I want to do, but one at a time.

August is also that time of year where I live when it becomes excrutiatingly hot and humid, and Summer feels like it will never end.  Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to a lot this month.

  • Joining in Susannah Conway's August Break and taking a photo a day for that with inspiration and ideas from Fat Mum Slim's challenge.
  • Getting our house in order, letting go of a lot of clutter, while at the same time trying to embrace the chaos.
  • Cooking a bit more, though not too much, because I've not had success lately.
  • Drinking a ton more iced coffee, because it makes this summer a little more bearable. 
  • Finishing up a blanket I'm working on crocheting for my soon-to-be-born niece. 
  • Being grateful for everyday and taking that time I need to rest and reflect and just be.

No comments:

Post a Comment