Thursday, September 06, 2012

The End of Summer


I'm so ready for Fall that I've begun crocheting a scarf for myself.  I'm brand new to crochet, since I just started learning in March, but I'm really having fun making pretty, cozy things.  

Things around here are fairly quiet.  I've been doing a lot more fun reading and working on crochet and organizing my office/studio now that I don't have grad school work to do when I come home from work.  It's good, but at the same time strange.  I'm sure I'll find my way.  

So for now, I'll look forward to all that September has to offer:
  • the birth of my niece (on Monday!).
  • cooler weather (I hope)
  • a few good books to read - The Marriage Plot, Too Much Happiness, and White Teeth.
  • finally finish up the 2nd season of Downton Abbey
  • heading to yoga at least once a week
  • taking some time to unplug and relax at home more often
  • trying some recipes from The Sprouted Kitchen blog and upcoming cookbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment