Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Recipe: Pasta with Avocado, Cilantro, and Queso Fresco




I decided recently that rather than just drooling over all of the delicious looking dishes I pin on Pinterest, that I would actually cook something.  I had been eyeing this avocado pasta dish for a while and since avocados have been on sale and really good lately, I gave it a try.  I even impressed myself with my ability to improvise and use ingredients not in the original recipe because I had them on hand and because I knew they went well with avocado.  It is truly a really simple and quick dish to put together on a busy evening or lazy weekend.  I am also obsessed with queso fresco lately, so I sprinkled it on this pasta very generously.

Pasta with Avocado, Cilantro, and Queso Fresco
Recipe Adapted from Oh She Glows
Makes about 2 large servings

Ingredients:
  • 1 medium ripe avocado, pitted
  • 1/2 lemon, juiced
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
  • 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 servings pasta (spaghetti, but I suppose any type will do)
  • black pepper to taste
  • finely grated queso fresco 
Directions:
  1. Boil pasta according to package directions and your preference.
  2. Meanwhile, make the sauce by processing (in a food processor, blender or mixer) the garlic clove, lemon juice, and olive oil until smooth.  Add the avocado, cilantro and salt.  Process until smooth and creamy.
  3. When pasta is ready, drain and rinse and put in a large bowl.  Pour in avocado sauce and toss until coated.  Garnish with cilantro and queso fresco. 
  4. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment