Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The Weekend


I picked this little rose from the garden in front my building while on a walk with Frida.  It's color was already fading and most of the other roses on the rosebush had already wilted away.  But it just looked so lovely and I loved the muted color.  Just a few weeks ago it was the brightest pink.   I decided to bring it inside to beautify the living room for just a few more days.  


January has been a quiet month so far.  I guess after the busy-ness of the holidays, it's good to have this month to unwind and slow down.  I've been doing both of those things this month.

This three-day weekend was spent celebrating my mom's birthday, visiting with family, reading a new book, catching up on Girls, watching the inauguration and just enjoying an extra day of relaxing at home.

I hope your weekend was spent doing what you love to do and that your week is just as lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment