Sunday, February 17, 2013

Peanut Butter Cookies


Although it's been unseasonably warm this year, a couple of weekends ago it was a little cold and rainy so I felt like baking a bit.  My pantry was pretty bare and my baking supplies (above) were running low and I didn't feel like driving out to the store.  I did happen to find a jar of peanut butter, some chocolate chips and some brown sugar in the pantry so I ended up baking up a batch to enjoy while we stayed home and watched movies and read.  

Easy Peanut Butter Cookies 
Adapted from All Recipes 

Ingredients:
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup white sugar (I used about 1/2 c. brown sugar and 1/2 c. regular sugar and they came out a little softer and sweeter, but you can use whatever you have on hand)
1 egg
1 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
chocolate chips (optional)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a medium bowl, stir peanut butter and sugar together until smooth. Beat in the egg, then stir in the baking soda and vanilla. Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place them 2 inches apart onto the cookie sheets. Press a criss-cross into the top using the back of a fork.  Sprinkle with granulated sugar.  Bake for 8 - 10 minutes.

Or, bake for about 5 minutes and remove from oven.  Quickly sprinkle a few chocolate chips onto the top of each cookie and finish baking.




No comments:

Post a Comment