Thursday, April 25, 2013

Around the House



Alex and I moved into this apartment a little over a year ago, and since then we’ve slowly been decorating and displaying all of the stuff we've collected at thrift stores, flea markets, trash heaps, parent’s homes, etc.

A couple of weekends ago, I decided to tackle a space in the living room that was starting to collect clutter and random stuff.  The majority of the things on this desk were riding around in the trunk of the car for about a month since Alex moved them out of his studio and we forgot about them.

We bought the typewriter, the globe, and the vase at the thrift store for less than a $1 each.  The artwork on the wall includes some original works by our good friend, Julie.  The rest is thrift store finds and post cards from the museum.  



My decorating spree continued, and I moved on into the bedroom to put up some art on an empty wall.  Alex picked up a book of Man Ray photographs at the used bookstore for 50 cents, so instead of adding it to our over flowing book shelves, I decided to cut out some of the loveliest images to hang on the wall.  I didn’t measure and didn’t bother with framing, so I just used a couple of thumbtacks on each to create a little display.  


The ivy plant I bought at Ikea last year is growing crazily.  I started to guide the leaves over and under the mirrors I have hanging above my vanity.  I do think I need to change out the pot since it might be too big for the one it’s in.  Some of the leaves are yellowing and I'm worried it won't make it.  The drawings are by my talented husband, Alex.  He gave them to me a few years ago shortly after we met. 



This small photo was my favorite.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Thank you for sharing these vignettes around your home. So lovely. The last photo is my favorite too. I really like how it is displayed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love looking at house tours and all of the ways that people decorate their homes, so it was fun to share a bit of that here. Hopefully, I'll share a few more from other rooms. :)

      Delete