Thursday, September 05, 2013

End of Summer (almost)


I know I say this every year, but Fall is my absolute favorite time of year. I know Summer is not quite over yet, especially with days like today when it was 104 degrees, but knowing that it's September means we're pretty close to those cool days.

This Summer I found myself in a bit of a creative rut. I don't know if it was the heat, or laziness due to the heat, but nothing felt particularly inspiring. So, last night I decided to just start thinking about the months ahead and what I would like for them to look like and feel like. 

I don't want to buy a ton of things, but I did treat myself to a couple of fun things as a reward for a recent promotion at work. One of those was the Frankie 2014 Diary. I've wanted this for a couple of year's now, but shipping from Australia was always really expensive and I couldn't justify buying it. I just think it's so lovely and the illustrated pages are so whimsical. I'm excited for it to arrive in late October. 

The other thing I bought was a leather tote bag.  The one in my collage is gorgeous, but also way out of my price range. I knew I wanted this bag to last me forever, so I went with this one from Fossil. It was on sale. It's in a beautiful, versatile color.  And, it will hold all of the books, planners, notebooks, snacks, and work stuff I need to carry. I really love it. 

What I'm really looking forward to is finishing up my bicycle! I posted a bike wish list a few months ago and over the summer Alex found me a still usable, but pretty beat up cruiser for $25. We He took it apart, and I used vinegar to remove a lot of rust. I'm getting a new seat, handle grips, and painting it my favorite shade of purple. By the time the cool weather arrives, I'll be ready to go on neighborhood bike rides at dusk. I might even attach a few pretty flowers to the handle bars, too. 

Book Painting by Holly Farrell 



No comments:

Post a Comment