Saturday, October 12, 2013

Life Lately


Life has been busy lately. I snapped the photo above as I sat at the dining room table having some coffee and enjoying some quiet time. I don't even remember what time of day or what day of the week this was, and it wasn't a particularly pretty moment, just a bit of calm amid a flurry of stressful and hurried moments.

Work has been hectic for me in a very different way than it has ever been before. I'm learning a lot of new things, but also really trying to figure out the whole work-life balance thing. I've always worked a full-time, 9-to-5 job, but this new role is a more demanding one. It's been exhausting, and a lot of home time and self-care time fell by the way side. It will be this way for a while, at least through the end of the year, and I need to adjust to this new schedule and manage my time in a different way when it comes to taking care of myself and making the most of my time at home and the weekends. It will be a work in progress, but I know I'll get there.

For now, a short to do list as a reminder to myself to stay mindful of the moments that will matter the most when I look back to this time. Work stress will be there, and I'll learn to manage it, but I can't lose sight of the beautiful bits of everyday life that make me happy and that make it all worthwhile:

  • Hello Kitty pumpkin carving 
  • Miniature golf with my niece and nephew
  • finally read all of the Alice Munro books I've been hoarding
  • cooking dinner and relaxing in front of the TV with Alex
  • crochet myself a purple scarf

No comments:

Post a Comment