Thursday, March 13, 2014

Project Life: January and February Favorites

I've really been getting into my Project Life album this year. I'm using a 6 x 8 album and am really enjoying the smaller format. I thought I'd share a few of my favorite pages from January and February and what I'm learning along the way.


For each month, I create a divider using this lovely free calendar print out. I keep the pages simple, creating a border with colorful washi tape and then add a fabric divider tab that I create on my typewriter. I'm not sticking to one specific color theme, just lots of color on some pages and more subtle colors on others. 


Even though each Studio Calico kit I get has a lot of fun objects to embellish with, I've been keeping the flair to a minimum. I'll add some wood veneers here and there, or some stickers, but haven't done too much. I think I want to try and get more creative with the embellishments, but in a minimal way. 


I'm experimenting a bit more in Photoshop this year, too. I do want to keep a lot of handwriting in my albums, but I do love the idea of adding text to the photos. I use a white gel pen to add writing to some photos and am really loving how that looks. 



These past couple of months, I printed some of my photos at home and some at Walgreens. I love the convenience of printing at home, but the ink for my printer is a bit pricey for that, so I decided to buy a Selphy printer and will see if that works better for me. Some days, I get the motivation to work on my album and feel bummed if I have to wait to order prints. 


My plan for each month's starting page is to do a self-portrait with Alex and Abbey, the sillier the look on my cat's face, the better. Oh, and one thing that I discovered is that I prefer a rounded corner. At first, I thought it didn't matter, but my sister brought over a corner rounder and I am obsessed now.


My album is about halfway full, and I can't wait to continue documenting my year.

No comments:

Post a Comment