Friday, April 25, 2014

Film

I've been collecting film cameras for a while and have wanted to find a functioning 35 mm camera that's not too difficult to use. So, I was really excited when Alex found me a Canon TX camera. I tested out a roll of film around the house a couple of weeks ago and was so happy with the results.  I'm still figuring out the manual settings and getting used to making more decisions before pressing the shutter, but it actually has some great features that make it easier. Luckily, there is a Walgreens not far from my home that still does 1-hour processing. I thought I'd share a few of my favorite, far from perfect, prints. 

I took advantage of the lovely light in my studio/office, taking photos of the vignettes of  everything I collect - milk glass vases, tin lamps and kid's water colors from long ago. The cans of soup are from Target a few years ago. There's still soup in them. 
 
I have a thing for collecting floral stuff. I bought that painting at a thrift store near my house for $5. The floral wall hanging thing is old, and it's a lot like the one hanging in Joan's room on Mad Men, except smaller. I have those birds, too. 
This is my plant that has stayed alive for more than 2 years. It's making it. 
 
Back-lit Abbey. 
Newest plant friend. 

4 comments:

  1. Cool collections….pretty light & photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Striking photos - as usual for you! Glad you are doing well.. that ice cream looks delicious

    ReplyDelete