Saturday, April 19, 2014

Life Lately


Spring is happening around here. 

I finally put the finishing touches on the bike I've had "in process" over the past eight months. I want to get a few bikes rides in before it gets too hot here. Luckily, there are some quiet streets in the neighborhood for me to practice on. I didn't fall once when I took it out for the first time. 

The lovely spring weather has me wanting to spend more time outdoors, so I head to the park during lunch when I can. On the weekends, Alex and I explore the local thrift stores and went to the farmer's market one morning. There were some beautiful beeswax candles and I couldn't resist buying a flower-shaped floating candle.

I picked up a few plants to start a window sill garden in my room and decided to go with succulents this year. I transferred them each into bigger pots. One of those can apparently grow up to 10 ft tall, so I put it in a really big pot. Oh, and for some reason the lady selling these at the flea market, glued those flowers onto them. I didn't realize this until I got home, though. Weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment