Sunday, April 20, 2014

Project Life: March Favorites

March was a lovely month. 

All of the photos this month were printed on my Selphy printer, which worked out really well. It's so easy to get them ready while I'm watching TV and then print them all really quickly. 

I filled up my first album and am starting my second one for 2014. With the smaller size, I think I'll end up with four for the year. I do love the 6 x 8 inch size, so I don't mind. 

I set up my photos in Photoshop to print two per page, so every now and then, I add some text. Every month, my Studio Calico kit has a lot of embellishments, but I find myself inclined to use them only very sparingly. A sticker here or there, the wood veneers, and the washi tape is what I use most.
We go to art openings pretty often, so I've started taking photos of some of my favorite pieces and including them in my album. The cat in the top corner above and the ladies in top right corner below are a couple of the works of art that caught my eye in March. 
My biggest challenge is that I don't include enough photos of myself, so I have to make an effort to take more self portraits, or of asking Alex or take my photo. I used a typewriter on some craft paper stickers I bought at Target to decorate the card below. There are a couple of letters that aren't working very well and go haywire, but I just go with it. It's part of the handmade charm, and I guess weekends are my favvvvvvv. :)
Of course, I have to dedicate at least one page each month to Abbey and her dramatic life.   

No comments:

Post a Comment