Saturday, January 24, 2015

Currently//January


There have been a lot of cold and cloudy days lately. And then, on the weekend the sun comes out and warms up everything, and I can't help but want to go out and enjoy it. I thought I'd share a bit of what's been going on around here. 

READING// I just finished up and loved Yes, Please by Amy Poehler and really loved it. I've been reading Julia Child's memoir, My Life in France and have been inspired to cook more by it. In between, I've started Joan Mitchell: Lady Painter

LISTENING// I'm probably way late to the party, but I've loved listening to SIA lately. I put her album on when I'm painting and just get going on whatever it is I'm working on. I also got into the habit of listening to podcasts as I paint when I got addicted to Serial. So, now that it's over, I found a few podcasts about creativity that I love . Right now, I'm listening to Tiffany Han's "Raise Your Hand and Say Yes" podcast in my studio.

ENJOYING// Quiet Saturday evening bubble baths with candles and lovely scented Lush bath melts. 

MAKING// Daily time to create and paint and make messes. I've been really making a conscious effort to show up and make something in my studio, even when my work day has been stressful and I'm exhausted. Making that time is important. 

LOVING// Mary Abbott's inspiring art work.  

PLANNING// My trip to Houston in a couple of weeks for my annual CT scans. I want to have a little fun while there and plan to stop by the Cy Twombly Gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment